What started as partnership of four entities wanting to locate underground utilities has grown into a full-service GIS provider for Kenton, Campbell, and Pendleton Counties. LINK-GIS services city and county agencies including: fire, police, and EMS; water and sanitation districts; property valuation administration; school districts; area businesses; and residents.
Typical activities include:
• developing and supporting geographic information systems for use in Kenton, Campbell, and Pendleton Counties;
• developing digital data, maps, databases, and on-line mapping;
• fostering partnerships and coordinating related projects with other agencies;
• providing local leadership and expertise related to GIS activities; and
• providing access to local GIS data and products.
The department’s staff is responsible for the production of accurate maps for realtors, appraisers, new home sites and individuals, providing digital data in the form of CDs or by email, web services, and creating topographic maps for new home sites.
1992 – ESRI President’s Award. Given for “Making a Difference” using GIS
1995 – URISA Project Showcase Award
2005 – ESRI Special Achievement in GIS Award
Note: LINK-GIS is the only organization in Kentucky to have won both the ESRI President’s Award and the ESRI Special Achievement in GIS Award
Trisha Brush, GISP, Director of GIS Administration
Tom East, GISP, Senior GIS Specialist
Christy Powell, GISP, Senior GIS Programmer/Specialist
Ryan Kent, GISP, Principal GIS Specialist
Joseph Busemeyer, GISP, Principal GIS Programmer/Specialist
Kyle Snyder, GISP, Principal GIS Specialist
Kathy Stephens, GISP, Associate GIS Specialist
Gretchen Boyce, Associate GIS Specialist
View the department staff organization chart